Have you been to the best 3 parks in Tempe, AZ?
Outdoor parks offer a wide range of activities. Public parks are free, so knowing which ones are worth your time, can save you some time. Getting from park to park puts extra strain on your vehicle. That means extra costs and an eventual trip to your local garage for BMW repairs. Why not avoid the extra driving? Take a little time to learn about what these three parks offer, and you’ll be ready for outdoor adventures in no time.
Enjoy the water at Tempe Beach Park!
You might be asking yourself, how can Tempe have a beach in the middle of the desert? All it takes is the gorgeous Salt River to help make this our top park in Tempe. As a premier destination for a variety of water-related activities, some of the most fun to be had at the park is actually on the river.
- Rent boats at Tempe Boat Rentals! This shop provides boaters with everything they’ll need for a day on the water. Whether you’re looking for paddle boats, kayaks, or even a bicycle to ride around the park, you’ll find it right here.
- Take your children to the splash playground! The splash playground provides a 1-acre area where children can safely play in the water! With ground level jet sprays, spray rings, dump buckets, and even water cannons, it’s great for kids of all ages.
- Enjoy the walking and bike paths. The Park is large, green, and great for walking and bicycle riding. Bridges connect this park with adjacent parks across the river. You can traverse these using the Crosscut Canal Path to reach Tempe Town Lake.
Have a picnic or just enjoys the waves at Kiwanis Park!
Kiwanis is the perfect getaway for a family outing. At 54,000 square feet, this park is huge. That also means it’s got just about everything you could possibly look for. Park goers frequently enjoy fishing, swimming, and the children’s playground. They are even located next to the stables for Tempe PD’s mounted units.
Additional highlights include: A relaxing wave pool at the recreation center, boating, and 15 tennis courts.
Papago Park is a great place for scenic views and play.
Papago Park is perfect for amateur sports fans. It features multiple basketball courts as well as a baseball diamond, softball field, and volleyball courts. If you’ve got a furry friend they’ll enjoy the local dog park and whenever you get hungry there are grills at the ready for an impromptu barbecue.
Additional highlights include: A large children’s play area, a local golf course, and even a desert botanical garden!
Directions from Tempe Beach Park
80 W Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe, AZ 85281
- Get on AZ-202 Loop E from E Rio Salado Pkwy and N Scottsdale Rd
5 min (1.7 mi)
- Take AZ-101 Loop N to E Cactus Rd in Scottsdale. Take exit 40 from AZ-101 Loop N
13 min (13.7 mi)
- Follow E Cactus Rd and N Scottsdale Rd to E Butherus Dr
9 min (4.0 mi)
Tech Plus Automotive
7333 E Butherus Dr B-200, Scottsdale, AZ 85260